What do I enjoy most about tutoring?
Another huge reason why I decided to move away from commercial tutoring colleges is because private tutoring offers a more intimate relationship with students that allows for better communication and improvement on student's part. I love to share my personal journey of ascending from bottom of the cohort at a comprehensive school to the top at a selective school in NSW.
My Strengths as Tutor
In addition to teaching content and explaining concepts, I am strong at the following:
- offering exam techniques, especially for mathematics
- helping students develop healthy and advantageous study habits
- helping students tackle questions in an effective manner that matches the expectation of the marker
I have a strong academic background in mathematics and sciences. My HSC results undeniably reflect this:
- 98 & 95 in mathematics extension 1 and 2 respectively
- 93 in physics and 92 in chemistry
I am a biological science major at University of Sydney so I also have a very strong biology background.
Most important things I can do for a student
As a tutor, it is not only important to help students understand and stay on par with academics, it is also essential for me to offer them motivation and set a strong role model. A tutor shares many traits with a mentor, in that one must help students identify their strengths, weaknesses, goals and more importantly remain aware of these things.
See tutors in suburbs around Oatley