What do I enjoy most about tutoring?
- Sharing my passion of maths with someone. To share the love that someone has for a subject with someone else and to teach them and try to impart to them the love for that subject is a wonderful and enjoyable thing to do.
- Developing close and friendly relations with the students, really caring for their progress and checking up on them, calling them, having to look after someone younger for you and see them grow and succeed. And in doing so, help them celebrate their success.
My Strengths as Tutor
- Love maths
- Good communication
- Very prepared. Revise work beforehand, i mean business and want to make sure client gets what they paid for. I make a plan for the next few weeks of what to learn and plan sufficient revision time.
Most important things I can do for a student
- Check up on their progress, ensure they are comfortable and make sure they confirm that they understand what you are saying. The latter is very important so as to be absolutely sure you are engaging at their level and they are very well comprehending all that you are teaching.
- Develop friendly relationships with the children and set out a list of rules and expectations in the first lesson as to what you should expect from each other.
- Additionally, asking for their feedback at the end of the lesson and seeing if they like the lesson and what they would like to see more in the next lesson.
Tutoring students in
- grade 7
- grade 8
- grade 9
- grade 10