Looking for HSC Business Studies past papers to practice your skills and apply your knowledge? You’ve come to the right place. Go straight to papers>>
In your HSC Business Studies course you’ve had the opportunity to develop an understanding of how theoretical and practical aspects work together. Your HSC Business Studies exam will set out to assess how well you can answer questions about contemporary business issues, by applying your knowledge backed up with case studies.
Completing HSC Business Studies past papers will give you a good idea of what to expect in your final exams. We’ve got HSC Business Studies past papers from 2002 to 2019 to help you.
We’ve organised the past papers by course and year, naming the links as accurately as possible. If you find any errors, please let us know.
Sometimes, there is only a marking guide available, in others, the marking guide contains sample answers as well. The table usually shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range.
3 Tips to Help you Prepare for Your HSC Business Studies Exam
- Know the HSC Business Syllabus. Learn the dot points and use the syllabus as a reference point for all revising. Make up some questions for topics you’ve discussed in class. Use these to revise the syllabus content. If you do this with a few friends and swap questions and mark each other’s responses you’ll be able to see where you need to do more work. You’ll also be able to identify where you need to include more case study material in your responses. Try to get one example to illustrate every dot point in the syllabus.
- Annotate Your Notes. Firstly, aim to have the best set of notes possible. We suggest you write your own if this is an effective study method for you, otherwise get a good set of notes. Regardless of whether they are your own notes or not, personalise them by annotating your notes with additional information like extra case study details. Use different colours, highlighters and acronyms to help you remember content. E.g. Factors Influencing Customer Choice = PEGS, P – Psychological, E – Economic, G – Government, S – Sociocultural
- Practice Doing HSC Business Studies Past Papers. There’s a lot to remember. One of the best ways to test your memory is to incorporate regular testing practice in your preparation schedule. Make sure you cover a variety of tasks, including short answer questions, essay questions, multiple choice questions and mock business reports. Doing HSC Business Studies past papers is an excellent way to prepare for your final exams.
3 Tips to Help you Ace Your HSC Business Studies Exam
- Use Time Effectively. Use your time sensibly. There are four sections in the exam. 60% of the marks come from Section 1 and 2. Divide the time left between Sections 3 and 4. Never steal time from Section 4 to write more in Section 3. And never, never, never leave early. Check and re-check your answers.
- Make Wise Question Choices. When you have a choice of questions choose the right question for you, the one for which you have the most knowledge and understanding and the one you can support with relevant contemporary examples and case studies, using relevant business terminology. From the choices available, always choose the question you know you can get the most marks for.
- Engage with and Answer the Essay Questions Asked. Don’t use a prepared response. No matter how good you think it is, nothing prepared in advance is likely to answer any question exactly. Also, don’t waste valuable time adding irrelevant material, tailor your response to demonstrate your understanding.
Looking for some extra help with HSC Business Studies?
Don’t wait until the last minute. Get help now. We’ve got a fantastic team of experienced HSC Business Studies tutors. They’re passionate about Business Studies and can help you prepare for and ace your HSC trials and finals.
We offer personalised, one-on-one tutoring in your home. If you’re not able to have face to face tutoring, or if you’d prefer, we also have a great online tutoring platform and many online tutors available.
To find out more and get started with an expert Business Studies tutor, get in touch today. Give us a call on 1300 312 354 or contact us here.