Looking for VCE English Language past papers to practice your skills and apply your knowledge? You’ve come to the right place.
In your VCE English Language course you have completed a sociolinguistics course that will have expanded your understanding and appreciation of language, balancing intricate grammatical knowledge with a meaningful and detailed discussion of ideas. Over two years you have gained key knowledge and skills with respect to Language and communication, Language change, Language variation and social purpose and Language variation and identity.
Completing past exam papers is one of the best ways to prepare you for your final exams. According to the VCAA, past exam papers from 2016 onwards relate to the current VCE English Language study design. You will find links to these papers further down as well as links to exam papers prior to 2016. Note that older exam papers are not necessarily a guide to the current VCE exam requirements.
We’ve organised the past papers by course and year, naming the links as accurately as possible. If you find any errors, please let us know.
Sometimes, there is only a marking guide available, in others, the marking guide contains sample answers as well. The table usually shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range.
3 Tips to Help you Prepare for Your VCE English Language Exam
- Be a Methodical Learner. This is a technical-heavy subject. The only way to succeed is to be organised and ensure that you have covered all the required skills, knowledge and understanding for each area of study. Plan responses for a variety of sample topics (Text Response and Comparative). This will help you develop the skill required to deal with a topic in the exam you may not have seen before.
- Know Your Metalanguage. You either know what collocations, connotations and colloquialisms are or you don’t. Make sure you are fully familiar with the metalanguage. This means you can define each term found in the VCE English Language study design, you can identify features in written and spoken texts and can discuss their purpose or their impact on the text.
- Practice Past Paper Exams. The more recent past exam papers you complete, the easier it will become for you to identify the question structures you can expect in the upcoming exam. A lot of questions are very similar from year to year. Doing past exam papers under strict exam conditions, exposes you to exam style questions and tests your exam readiness. Record and track your exam scores and re-do problem questions until you feel confident to answer any question on the specific topic. Doing past exams will also help you develop an exam ‘plan of attack’ that works for you.
3 Tips to Help you Ace Your VCE English Language Exam
- Read the Questions Properly. Don’t give marks away by misreading questions. What are you being asked to do? Identify? Analyse? Explain? Discuss? Each of these requires a different approach. Make sure you also answer all parts of the question
- Be as Specific as Possible With the Analytical Commentary. When you use an example from the text, remember to include the line number. Don’t just identify the feature, explain how it adds to the informality/formality of the text and how it aids the function.
- Answer the Essay Question Asked. Do not just write a pre-prepared response. Examiners are looking to see that you can interpret the question and use what you know to answer the specific question asked. Continually check to see if what you are writing is answering the question.
Looking for some extra help with VCE English Language?
Don’t wait till the last minute. Get help now. We’ve got a fantastic team of experienced VCE English Language tutors. They’re passionate about English language and can help you prepare for and ace your VCE trials and finals.
We offer personalised, one-on-one tutoring in your home. If you’re not able to have face to face tutoring, or if you’d prefer, we also have a great online tutoring platform and many online tutors available.
To find out more and get started with an expert English language tutor, get in touch today. Give us a call on 1300 312 354 or contact us here.
2019 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2019 VCE English Language Answers
2018 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2018 VCE English Language Answers
2017 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2017 VCE English Language Answers
2016 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2016 VCE English Language Answers
2015 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2015 VCE English Language Answers
2014 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2014 VCE English Language Answers
2013 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2013 VCE English Language Answers
2012 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2012 VCE English Language Answers
2011 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2011 VCE English Language Answers
2010 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2010 VCE English Language Answers
2009 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2009 VCE English Language Answers
2008 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2008 VCE English Language Answers
2007 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2007 VCE English Language Answers
2006 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2006 VCE English Language Answers
2005 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2005 VCE English Language Answers
2004 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2004 VCE English Language Answers
2003 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2003 VCE English Language Answers
2002 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2002 VCE English Language Answers
2001 VCE English Language Exam Paper
2001 VCE English Language Answers
2006 VCE Physics Answers 1
2006 VCE Physics Answers 2
2006 VCE Physics Exam Paper 1
2006 VCE Physics Exam Paper 2
2005 VCE Physics Answers 1
2005 VCE Physics Answers 2
2005 VCE Physics Exam Paper 1
2005 VCE Physics Exam Paper 2
2004 VCE Physics Answers 1
2004 VCE Physics Answers 2
2004 VCE Physics Exam Paper 1
2004 VCE Physics Exam Paper 2
2004 VCE Physics Pilot Answers 1
2004 VCE Physics Pilot Answers 2
2004 VCE Physics Pilot Exam Paper 1
2004 VCE Physics Pilot Exam Paper 2
2003 VCE Physics Answers 1
2003 VCE Physics Answers 2
2003 VCE Physics Exam Paper 1
2003 VCE Physics Exam Paper 2
2002 VCE Physics Answers 1
2002 VCE Physics Answers 2
2002 VCE Physics Exam Paper 1
2002 VCE Physics Exam Paper 2
A local tutor can help with VCE English Language
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
Mitchell is happy with the new tutor, thank you. Sean is a good communicator which makes Mitchell feel more relaxed thanks again.
We are very happy with Sheetal. Timothy is making great progress and we are happy to continue. We will have Tim do his Navy test in a few weeks and if we need to do a bridging course we will ask Sheetal to tutor him with that as well.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …