Looking for HSC Geography past papers to practice your skills and apply your knowledge? You’ve come to the right place.
This year in your HSC Geography course you’ve learned how to appreciate geographical perspectives about the contemporary world. You’ve specifically studied biophysical and human processes, interactions and trends. Your course included fieldwork and various case studies, combined with an assessment of the geographers’ contribution to understanding our environment and demonstrating the relevance of geographical study.
The HSC Geography Syllabus was last revised in 2009. Doing past exam papers from 2009 onward will give you a good idea of what to expect in your final exams. We’ve got HSC Geography past papers from 2002 onwards to help you.
We’ve organised the past papers by course and year, naming the links as accurately as possible. If you find any errors, please let us know.
Sometimes, there is only a marking guide available, in others, the marking guide contains sample answers as well. The table usually shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range.
3 Tips to Help you Prepare for Your HSC Geography Exam
- Practice Geo Skills. The key to acing the multiple-choice section in the exam is knowing how to demonstrate the skills on pages 15 and 16 of the HSC Geography syllabus. Some are easier than others, but it’s oh so easy to make silly mistakes and you don’t want to get caught out unnecessarily. We suggest practising all skills consistently and long before you get to ‘crunch’ time. That way you’ll give yourself plenty of time to learn from your mistakes. Also, always double check your answers.
- Create Your Own Evidence Study Sheets. Case studies, stats and examples – you must memorise these so that you can tie them in with every essay and long short answer question. The best way is to create a one page ‘cheat sheet’. Divide it into three columns. List every topic in the first, the best stats in the second and appropriate real life examples in the last. Don’t forget to research online and include your own contemporary examples for topics that don’t require a set case study.
- Practice Your Essay Structure. Do this for every dot point in the syllabus. This will help you write concise responses without ‘waffling’ by the time you get to the exam. You don’t have to be a brilliant English writer in Geography. Essays are straight forward and to the point. Aim to write essays that are 800-900 words long. Completing HSC Geography past papers will also give you the practice you need.
3 Tips to Help you Ace Your HSC Geography Exam
- Use Syllabus Terminology. Use accurate terminology as is used in the HSC Geography syllabus. Get name-dropping… “suburbanisation, exurbanisation, topography, biodiversity.” Markers are always impressed when you demonstrate you are familiar with the syllabus.
- Examples are Uber-Important. Integrate evidence wherever you can, both for short answers and even more so in essays. Don’t only use examples from your text book or class work – integrate examples you’ve researched online which make you stand out from the pack. Remember to base all your Geography terminology and processes on your examples.
- Doublecheck all Mathematical-type Answers. This especially relates to numerical-based skills questions, like area and grid references, latitude and longitude and distance. It’s easy to make silly mistakes under exam conditions. Check and check again.
Looking for some extra help with HSC Geography?
Don’t wait till the last minute. Get help now. We’ve got a fantastic team of experienced HSC Geography tutors. They’re passionate about Geography and can help you prepare for and ace your HSC trials and finals.
We offer individual tutoring at your home. If you cannot or prefer not to receive face-to-face tutoring, we also offer an excellent online tutoring platform and many online tutors.
To learn more and start with an experienced tutor in Geography, get in touch today. Give us a call on 1300 312 354 or contact us here.
2019 Geography Answers
2019 Geography Exam Paper
2018 Geography Answers
2018 Geography Exam Paper
2017 Geography Answers
2017 Geography Exam Paper
2016 Geography Answers
2016 Geography Exam Paper
2016 Geography Sample Writing Booklet
2015 Geography Answers
2015 Geography Exam Paper
2014 Geography Answers
2014 Geography Exam Paper
2013 Geography Answers
2013 Geography Exam Paper
2012 Geography Answers
2012 Geography Exam Paper
2012 Geography Notes From Marking Centre
2012 Geography Sample Answers
2011 Geography Answers
2011 Geography Exam Paper
2011 Geography Sample Answers
2010 Geography Answers
2010 Geography Exam Paper
2010 Geography Sample Answers
2009 Geography Answers
2009 Geography Exam Paper
2009 Geography Sample Answers
2008 Geography Answers
2008 Geography Exam Paper
2007 Geography Answers
2007 Geography Exam Paper
2006 Geography Answers
2006 Geography Exam Paper
2005 Geography Answers
2005 Geography Exam Paper
2004 Geography Answers
2004 Geography Exam Paper
2003 Geography Answers
2003 Geography Exam Paper
2002 Geography Answers
2002 Geography Exam Paper
A local tutor can help with HSC Geography
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
Mitchell is happy with the new tutor, thank you. Sean is a good communicator which makes Mitchell feel more relaxed thanks again.
We are very happy with Sheetal. Timothy is making great progress and we are happy to continue. We will have Tim do his Navy test in a few weeks and if we need to do a bridging course we will ask Sheetal to tutor him with that as well.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …