Looking for VCE Legal Studies past papers to practice your skills and apply your knowledge? You’ve come to the right place.
In your VCE Legal Studies course you have developed the ability to research and analyse legal information, apply legal reasoning and decision making skills, and fostered critical thinking to solve legal problems. Your VCE Legal Studies exam will aim to assess the related outcomes underpinning the specific units of content studied. Study Design for 2020 has been adjusted which can be referenced at VCE legal studies study design.
Completing past exam papers is one of the best ways to prepare you for your final exams. According to the VCAA, past exam papers from 2018 onwards relate to the current VCE Legal Studies Study design. You will find links to these papers further down as well as links to exam papers prior to 2018. Note that older exam papers are not necessarily a guide to the current VCE exam requirements.
We’ve organised the past papers by course and year, naming the links as accurately as possible. If you find any errors, please let us know.
Sometimes, there is only a marking guide available, in others, the marking guide contains sample answers as well. The table usually shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range.
3 Tips to Help you Prepare for Your VCE Legal Studies Exam
- Familiarise yourself with relevant cases. Be familiar with current and previous legal cases. Be able to recall legislation and precedents for similar cases so you can reference these with ease. Having this knowledge will set you up for exam success.
- Practise predicting how marks will be allocated to questions. Look at past marking guides, exam reports and feedback from your teacher on practice questions. A good way of practising questions without writing the answer in full is just to plan the answer according to the marks allocated.
- Apply content to questions. It’s important to learn, understand and memorise content but it is far more important to know how to apply the content to answer the questions asked. Questions must be answered directly. Practise by answering as many practice questions, SACs and past exam papers as you can.
3 Tips to Help you Ace Your VCE Legal Studies Exam
- Know the difference between ‘Discuss’, ‘Evaluate’ and ‘Compare’. Discuss questions mean you need to look at both sides since the objective is to discuss the topic. Evaluate questions mean you should look at the strengths and weaknesses of the topic AND come to an overall judgment by the end of your evaluation. Compare questions means you need to look at similarities and differences, the number of which will be determined by the marks allocated to the question.
- Take note of the marks per question. Get in the habit of highlighting, underlining or circling mark allocations. This will help you determine how much to write and how much depth to include. If you’re running out of time, focus on questions that give you the most marks for your time spent.
- Reference legislation, cases, and examples in your responses. Adding these to questions always guarantees marks as long as what you’re quoting is relevant. 1-2 examples per topic are enough.
Looking for some extra help with VCE Legal Studies?
Don’t wait until the last minute. Get help now. We’ve got a fantastic team of experienced VCE Legal Studies tutors. They’re passionate about Legal Studies and can help you prepare for and ace your VCE trials and finals.
We offer personalised, one-on-one tutoring in your home. If you’re not able to have face to face tutoring, or if you’d prefer, we also a great online tutoring platform and many online tutors available.
To find out more and get started with an expert Legal Studies tutor, get in touch today. Give us a call on 1300 312 354 or contact us here.
2019 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2019 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2018 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2018 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2017 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2017 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2016 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2016 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2015 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2015 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2014 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2014 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2013 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2013 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2012 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2012 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2011 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2011 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2010 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2010 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2009 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2009 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2008 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2008 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2007 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2007 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2006 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2006 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2005 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2005 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2004 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2004 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2003 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2003 VCE Legal Studies Answers
2002 VCE Legal Studies Exam Paper
2002 VCE Legal Studies Answers
A local tutor can help with VCE Legal Studies
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
Mitchell is happy with the new tutor, thank you. Sean is a good communicator which makes Mitchell feel more relaxed thanks again.
We are very happy with Sheetal. Timothy is making great progress and we are happy to continue. We will have Tim do his Navy test in a few weeks and if we need to do a bridging course we will ask Sheetal to tutor him with that as well.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …