Looking for VCE English past papers to practice your skills and apply your knowledge? You’ve come to the right place. Go straight to papers>>
In your VCE English language course you have undertaken studies around how the English language is used to create meaning in written, spoken and multimodal texts of varying complexity. Literary texts for analysis and presentation of an argument are taken from the past and present, both from Australia and other cultures. This course meets the needs of students with a wide variety of expectations and aspirations, including those for whom English is an additional language.
Completing past exam papers is one of the best ways to prepare you for your final exams. The VCE English Study Design contains the most current and up to date information about VCE English and the VCE English Exam. You will find links to past exam papers from 2001 onwards further down. Note that older exam papers are not necessarily a guide to the current VCE exam requirements.
We’ve organised the past papers by course and year, naming the links as accurately as possible. If you find any errors, please let us know.
Sometimes, there is only a marking guide available, in others, the marking guide contains sample answers as well. The table usually shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range.
3 Tips to Help you Prepare for Your VCE English Exam
- Be Prepared. Make sure you have notes on each of the Key Knowledge and Skills set out in the VCE English Study Design. Also, read the examiners reports from previous years.
- Revision Schedule. Cramming at the last minute is never recommended. Draw up a revision schedule that makes the best use of your time leading up to the exam period.
- Practice Past Paper Exams. Complete three or four recent past exams to revise and help you prepare for what’s to come. Work with friends to check and comment on each other’s answers. If you get stuck speak to your teacher too.
3 Tips to Help you Ace Your VCE English Exam
- Use Your Reading Time Efficiently. During your reading time, aim to put your plans together for what you are going to write. Choose the best essay topic for you and make mental notes. This means you can start writing the moment they say you can.
- Write Efficiently. Time management is essential. If you made plans while you were reading, you can start writing straight away. Decide which questions are more difficult and apportion time as required. Ideally, it is best to finish one section at a time rather than bouncing around from section to section.
- Check Your Work. Never leave early. Read, check and re-check your work.
Looking for some extra help with VCE English?
Don’t wait until the last minute. Get help now. We’ve got a fantastic team of experienced VCE English tutors. They’re passionate about English and can help you prepare for and ace your VCE trials and finals.
We offer personalised, one-on-one tutoring in your home. If you’re not able to have face to face tutoring, or if you’d prefer, we also a great online tutoring platform and many online tutors available.
To find out more and get started with an expert VCE English tutor, get in touch today. Give us a call on 1300 312 354 or contact us here.
2019 VCE English Exam Paper
2019 VCE English Answers
2018 VCE English Exam Paper
2018 VCE English Answers
2017 VCE English Exam Paper
2017 VCE English Answers
2016 VCE English Exam Paper
2016 VCE English Answers
2015 VCE English Exam Paper
2015 VCE English Answers
2014 VCE English Exam Paper
2014 VCE English Answers
2013 VCE English Exam Paper
2013 VCE English Answers
2012 VCE English Exam Paper
2012 VCE English Answers
2011 VCE English Exam Paper
2011 VCE English Answers
2010 VCE English Exam Paper
2010 VCE English Answers
2009 VCE English Exam Paper
2009 VCE English Answers
2008 VCE English Exam Paper
2008 VCE English Answers
2007 VCE English Exam Paper
2007 VCE English Answers
2006 VCE English Exam Paper
2006 VCE English Answers
2005 VCE English Exam Paper
2005 VCE English Answers
2004 VCE English Exam Paper
2004 VCE English Answers
2003 VCE English Exam Paper
2003 VCE English Answers
2002 VCE English Exam Paper
2002 VCE English Answers
2001 VCE English Exam Paper
2001 VCE English Answers
A local tutor can help with VCE English
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
Mitchell is happy with the new tutor, thank you. Sean is a good communicator which makes Mitchell feel more relaxed thanks again.
We are very happy with Sheetal. Timothy is making great progress and we are happy to continue. We will have Tim do his Navy test in a few weeks and if we need to do a bridging course we will ask Sheetal to tutor him with that as well.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …