Looking for HSC Physics past papers to practice your skills and apply your knowledge? You’ve come to the right place. Go straight to papers>>
The HSC Physics exam will assess your appreciation, understanding, and application of Physics principles, theories, laws, models, systems and structures. It will also test whether you can apply scientific skills to examine Physics models, practices and their applications.
It’s important that you can demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding by describing and explaining Physics concepts clearly and accurately, solving multi-step questions and demonstrating highly competent Physics skills. Doing past exam papers is one of the best ways to prepare you for your final exams.We’ve got HSC Physics past papers from 2002 to 2019 to help you with this.
We’ve organised the past papers by course and year, naming the links as accurately as possible. If you find any errors, please let us know.
Sometimes, there is only a marking guide available, in others, the marking guide contains sample answers as well. The table usually shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range.
3 Tips to Help you Prepare for Your HSC Physics Exam
- Understand the HSC Physics syllabus.When you know what is expected of you, it’s a whole lot easier to prepare so that you can meet the expectations. Don’t stop at being familiar with the syllabus dot points. Aim to gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamental concepts.
- Focus on Physics Concepts That you Struggle With. Keep a list of troublesome concepts. Consolidate your understanding of these by creating your own flowcharts and tables. Another effective way to test your understanding is to teach it to someone else. Although handy you don’t even need a student to practise like this. You can also record yourself and then listen back to see where you need to improve.
- Past Exam Papers are Your Friends. Doing past exam papers under strict exam conditions, exposes you to exam style questions and tests your exam readiness. Record and track your exam scores and re-do problem questions until you feel confident to answer any question on the specific topic.
3 Tips to Help you Ace Your HSC Physics Exam
- Know how to Respond to Key Verbs in Questions. Respond appropriately to key verbs in questions. E.g. Explain means linking cause and effect, showing the evident relationship between things and covering why and/or how. Describe means covering characteristics and features in detail, and Assess means making a judgment about the value of something.
- Communicate Logically and Sequentially. Use the relevant scientific communication structure and format when responding to verbs. E.g. Explain requires a sequential flow of logic from an identified start point to an identified end point. Be able to describe everything as a process.
- Don’t waste a Single Minute of Writing Time. The HSC Physics Exam is a killer. You have to keep moving so you can get as many marks as possible. If you stop writing for a minute, assume that you’ve hit a roadblock, move on to another question and circle back later.
Looking for some extra help with HSC Physics?
Don’t wait until the last minute. Get help now. We’ve got a fantastic team of experienced HSC Physics tutors. They’re passionate about Physics and can help you prepare for and ace your HSC trials and finals.
We offer personalised, one-on-one tutoring in your home. If you’re not able to have face-to-face tutoring, or if you’d prefer, we also have a great online tutoring platform and many online tutors are available.
To find out more and get started with an expert Physics tutor, get in touch today. Give us a call on 1300 312 354 or contact us here.
2019 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2019 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2018 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2018 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2017 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2017 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2016 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2016 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2015 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2015 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2014 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2014 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2013 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2013 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2012 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2012 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2012 HSC Physics Sample Answers
2011 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2011 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2011 HSC Physics Sample Answers
2010 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2010 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2010 HSC Physics Sample Answers
2009 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2009 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2009 HSC Physics Sample Answers
2008 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2008 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2007 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2007 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2006 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2006 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2005 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2005 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2004 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2004 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2003 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2003 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
2002 HSC Physics Exam Paper
2002 HSC Physics Guide + Answers
A local tutor can help with HSC Physics, find a tutor
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
Mitchell is happy with the new tutor, thank you. Sean is a good communicator which makes Mitchell feel more relaxed thanks again.
We are very happy with Sheetal. Timothy is making great progress and we are happy to continue. We will have Tim do his Navy test in a few weeks and if we need to do a bridging course we will ask Sheetal to tutor him with that as well.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …