Year 7 English Tutoring
The core contents of year 7 English are:
- Identifying how structures such as extended metaphors are used in informative and persuasive texts,
- Understanding that coherence of texts is helped by devices such as introductions, conclusions, and topic sentences,
- Responding to literature by reflecting on opinions about the text and comparing views with others,
- Experimenting with using language features found in other texts for effect in students’ own work,
- Planning, drafting, and publishing imaginative, informative, and persuasive texts with emphasis on using language, and visual and audio features to convey information.
By the end of year 7 English, students should be able to:
- Explain and respond to issues using evidence from texts,
- Understand how audiences may be influenced through the use of language features,
- Create texts that use language features and images for effect,
- Use language features to engage the audience when making presentations,
- Edit their work, ensuring that they use correct grammar, varied and specialised vocabulary, and accurate spelling and punctuation.
Check your location, Find an English Tutor
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
I just got back from the US this morning we are very happy with Rhett and Connor has really clicked with him and his teaching methods. Under Rhetts tutoring Connor managed to go from a fail to a C+ 65% on his resit after only two sessions with Rhett so a great achievement if we had the ability to have more sessions with Rhett we would happily take them.
Yes very happy with Phoebe she is a wonderful tutor & very pleasant towards my girls they feel at ease with her as she explains all maths concepts in the simplest of forms (much to the delight. of my daughter Phoebe who said she's learned/understood a lot more in the last three weeks than she had learned all of last year) & she's building up their confidence to have a…
Agnes quickly determined the areas that we could see Charlotte was struggling with. It was lovely to see Charlotte's body language change during the course of the first session from slumped over looking disinterested to sitting up and engaging with Agnes by the end of the hour. I had never seen her like that when we have sat down to do maths before. I knew that I lacked the strategies to give to Charlotte…
Yes we are very happy with Georgia and Catrina seems to be enjoying maths again. I have also recommended Georgia to another parent at my daughters school
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …