Year 10 English Tutors
The core contents of year 10 English are:
- Citing and referencing conventions,
- Text analysis, including how the arrangement of sentence and clause structures, nominalisation, and abstraction shape meaning,
- Literature response, including engaging with other interpretations of texts,
- Delivering presentations with attention to voice, language conventions, and other strategies to engage audiences,
- Creating well developed imaginative, informative, and persuasive texts that address complex issues.
By the end of year 10 English, students should be able to:
- Develop interpretations of texts and evaluate others’ interpretations,
- Use cohesive arguments to explain various viewpoints and perspectives,
- Develop their own writing style using language features, stylistic devices, text structures and images,
- Create texts that present complex ideas,
- Actively contribute to class discussions, expressing their own and engaging with others’ opinions,
- Use correct grammar, select vocabulary for effect, and use accurate spelling and punctuation.
Check your location, Find a Tutor
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
We had tried a couple of tutors for our son prior to contacting Ezymath but found them unreliable or just unsuitable. Ezymath assessed our son’s needs and then recommended a suitable Maths tutor with whom we were very pleased. They offered flexibility and a very professional service. The feedback on our son’s progress was also very helpful. I recommend the Ezymath service to anyone who wishes to see their child…
Thank you for your email. Sabrina was very happy with Sheetal. She feels much more confident now and has a better understanding of the concepts. She feels that she can now better cope and is confident enough to do it on her own. Many thanks for all your help.
Sounds like Alex is doing a great job. I’ve spoken to Quyen and she is very happy with the tutoring sessions.
Michael has really enjoyed having Raj come as his tutor. In fact he also managed to get 80% on his last algebra test at school. It has really empowered him to want to do well in maths and he looks forward to his tutoring session each week. We look forward to seeing him continue on his maths journey throughout the year. Many thanks Ps. I have referred a few of…
So far so good with Tim. Tim is now tutoring both my kids and both are really happy with him. Results will show in the months to come. It is early days but we are very happy so far.
Yes, we are very pleased that Sophia likes Rebecca and the tutoring seems to be going well. Rebecca obviously has patience and takes the time to explain things so Sophia can follow them and work through the maths, which is exactly what we wanted. The problem with the school is they move along so fast that there is not enough practice time, and we (the parents) are not familiar with…
Hi, Ruhail has been great and his flexibility has helped enormously. He spent 3.5 hours with Casey last weekend as she had a test she was very concerned about. Casey did much better in her test than she would have done and we are already over the moon. Please pass on our thanks.
We are really happy with Jarryd, we realise it is going to take time and we are prepared to do that for Thomas. Thomas is really comfortable with Jarryd and this helps. Wish we had done this earlier. Thanks for the enquiry.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …