Looking for HSC Biology past papers to practice your skills and apply your knowledge? You’ve come to right place.
Because of substantive changes to the HSC Biology syllabus , the 2019 exam was also notably different from previous years. Previously you were able to do well by memorising concepts. Since 2019 it is expected that you will have a more in depth understanding. Questions may even seem to be quite obscure but these are designed to assess a thorough understanding of concepts.
The HSC Biology course is content heavy but the real challenge lies in whether you can apply your knowledge effectively to answer higher order questions. It’s an extremely interesting and rewarding subject to study but it is defnitely not easy and because the style of the examination has changed, past Biology papers other than the 2019 paper will not provide you with an accurate idea of what to expect post 2018. Nevertheless doing past exam papers can still play an important role in helping you to revise content knowledge for your final exams.We’ve got HSC Biology past papers from 2002 to 2019 to help you with doing this.
We’ve organised the past papers by course and year, naming the links as accurately as possible. If you find any errors, please let us know.
Sometimes, there is only a marking guide available, in others, the marking guide contains sample answers as well. The table usually shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range.
3 Tips to Help you Prepare for Your HSC Biology Exam
- Think ‘bigger picture’. Instead of focusing on memorising facts, think about what the facts mean in terms of the ‘bigger picture’. You don’t have to remember all the steps of processes like mitosis and polypeptide synthesis. If you have a basic idea and can use what you know to answer questions you will be well ahead of those memorising all the steps word for word.
- Practise drawing diagrams. Always use a pencil, not a pen. Use a ruler for labels. DO NOT add shading. Only include necessary detail. Your’e not preparing for a Visual Art exam. Diagrams need to communicate and illustrate your answers.
- Practice Answering Questions. Be very familiar with the 2019 HSC Biology paper. Also do practice papers from your school. Make sure someone marks your papers too, whether a teacher, private tutor or one of your friends. You need someone else to look over your work to point out areas that need improving.
3 Tips to Help you Ace Your HSC Biology Exam
- Multiple Choice Questions First or Last? Do what works for you but we recommend doing them first. Answering lots of less time consuming questions first creates positive momentum and builds your confidence to deal with longer questions later. There are usually two ridiculous answers out of the four, rule them out straight away and then focus on what they are really asking before you make your final selection. Also make sure you do all questions whether you’re sure of the answer or not.
- Look at how Many Marks the Question is Worth. Don’t waste time writing heaps for a 2 mark question. You can only get 2 marks out of 2, so write the amount that will get you all the marks. For longer questions worth or 3 or 4 marks, define terms, provide examples and add diagrams if you can.
- Approach Longer Questions Strategically. Make sure you’re giving them what they want. For example, If they ask you to compare and contrast something then do that, don’t explain or describe. Using a table in this instance would be a perfect approach. Define everything to get marks, draw diagrams, use headings and underline key terms. Make sure you’ve left no part of the question unanswered.
Looking for some extra help with HSC Biology?
Don’t wait till the last minute. Get help now. We’ve got a fantastic team of experienced HSC Biology tutors. They’re passionate about Biology and can help you prepare for and ace your HSC trials and finals.
We offer personalised, one-on-one tutoring in your home. If you’re not able to have face to face tutoring, or if you’d prefer, we also a great online tutoring platform and many online tutors available.
To find out more and get started with an expert Biology tutor, get in touch today. Give us a call on 1300 312 354 or contact us here.
2019 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2019 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2018 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2018 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2017 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2017 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2016 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2016 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2015 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2015 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2014 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2014 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2013 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2013 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2012 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2012 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2012 HSC Biology Written Response Answers
2011 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2011 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2011 HSC Biology Written Response Answers
2010 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2010 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2010 HSC Biology Written Response Answers
2009 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2009 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2008 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2008 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2007 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2007 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2006 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2006 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2005 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2005 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2004 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2004 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2003 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2003 HSC Biology Exam Paper
2002 HSC Biology Answers + Guide
2002 HSC Biology Exam Paper
Need help with HSC Biology? Find a local tutor
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
Mitchell is happy with the new tutor, thank you. Sean is a good communicator which makes Mitchell feel more relaxed thanks again.
We are very happy with Sheetal. Timothy is making great progress and we are happy to continue. We will have Tim do his Navy test in a few weeks and if we need to do a bridging course we will ask Sheetal to tutor him with that as well.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …