Year 9 English
The core contents of year 9 English are:
- Analysis and interpretation of texts including text structure, images, vocabulary choice, and language features,
- Use of various language features and images to create meaning,
- Response to issues in the form of texts that interpret and use ideas from other texts,
- Presenting, discussing, and evaluating responses to ideas and issues,
- Persuasive writing involving the use of effect, selective use of vocabulary and grammar, and accurate spelling and punctuation.
By the end of year 9 English, students should be able to:
- Analyse how the structure of a text can be used for effect,
- Form their own interpretations of texts based on an evaluation of the ideas and information contained in the texts,
- Create different levels of meaning by using a variety of language features,
- Understand how interpretations of texts can vary by comparing their own response to the responses of others,
- Create texts that respond to issues,
- Make presentations and actively contribute to class discussions,
- Make use of vocabulary and grammar for effect, and
- Use accurate punctuation and spelling.
In year 9, your child needs to move beyond text analysis to begin formulating their own arguments based on ideas and information found in the text. This sets the foundation for senior years English where students will need to put forth their own point of view in text response essays.
Another important foundational skill your child needs to develop is being able to respond to issues and current affairs. This includes being able to understand the different viewpoints involved, being able to summarise the information, as well as having an opinion on the issue and persuasively presenting this opinion.
At Ezy Maths Tutoring no matter what we will do everything in our power to help your child. Your child’s success is our success, and nothing takes precedence over that. We take pride in going the extra mile for our students every day.
The first call you make to us is a great wat for us to get to know each other, understand your perspective and learn about your child’s specific needs. Our first free tutoring session gives us the chance to meet you and your child. Here we can have an open, friendly discussion about your child’s goals and find out what you hope to accomplish with one of our tutors.
During this consultation, we conduct an obligation free assessment which allows us to understand your child’s learning style, personality type as well as academic strengths and weaknesses. From these results we can create a tailored program that helps us overcome any skill gaps that were identified. This program is unique to your child and will focus on areas that need to be improved. We can also help with all homework, test prep and assignments.
Check your location, Find a Tutor
Find tutor ??
What they say about our tutoring
I'm an older student studying nursing this term I had a maths calculation exam that required 100% to pass . As you can imagine I was "freaking out !!! " 100% are you crazy !!!!!! . Then I meet Lisa !! she was one of my favorite people !! she was punctual,organised , and willing to spend the extra time if needed ,Lisa researched and came up with numerous,exams…
We really like Mark, his communication style really suits Remy, and he is able to work out what she needs very quickly. We would love to stay with him until the end of the year. They are a good match. Thank you
Kyle seems v competent and determined. Zahara is paying full attention as she obviously wants to grasp maths
Yarra is very happy with Andrea, and I can already notice improvements 🙂 I expect Andrea to keep tutoring Yarra for a long time.
Michael has been great and the sessions have been productive. Uznar now feels she has caught up with the rest of the class.
I'm very impressed, and happy with the progress. Thank you
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …