Looking for HSC Chemistry past papers to practice your skills and apply your knowledge? You’ve come to the right place.
The HSC Chemistry exam will assess a number of skills so it’s not just about spitting out memorised information. You will also be tested on your ability to relate chemical concepts, interpret questions, analyse data, successfully manage your time and communicate effectively.
It’s important that you learn to develop your examination technique, including answering questions effectively, eradicating careless errors, and using the correct terminology. We’ve got HSC Chemistry past papers from 2002 to 2019 to help you with this.
We’ve organised the past papers by course and year, naming the links as accurately as possible. If you find any errors, please let us know.
Sometimes, there is only a marking guide available, in others, the marking guide contains sample answers as well. The table usually shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range.
3 Tips to Help you Prepare for Your HSC Chemistry Exam
- Make the Syllabus Your Best Friend. Exam questions often require you to integrate knowledge from separate parts of the syllabus. If you know the syllabus well, you’ll more easily be able to identify topics in the syllabus to which questions relate.
- Memorise key Phrases and Equations. Throughout the year your teacher will give you basic terms that will make it easier for you to understand the topics you study. Memorise these and use them in your exam to help you demonstrate your knowledge. There are also various balanced chemical equations that you will need to memorise. The faster you learn and remember these, the better prepared you’ll be.
- Look for Patterns in Past Papers. Practice might not make perfect, but it can go a long way to prepare you for your exams. By completing past papers you will become familiar with common exam questions. Look for patterns that emerge in relation to topics and questions. Similar questions often come up again with only slight changes.
3 Tips to Help you Ace Your HSC Chemistry Exam
- Identify Verbs in Short Questions. The verbs in short questions tell you exactly what the marker is expecting in your answer. E.g. Assess means you must show evidence of evaluating in your answer, Identify means you should indicate or name something specific, and Analyse means you must examine, interpret and explain something.
- Communicate Effectively. When communicating with words, use Chemistry terminology. Keep answers relevant and to the point. When answers involve calculations, set your work out clearly and accurately, showing all your working out. When communicating visually, diagrams should be drawn to scale, ruled and clearly labelled.
- Plan and Check Your Answers. With longer answers, know what you’re going to write about before you start writing. Make sure you’re answering the question, not just regurgitating what you know. Make sure you’re answering all aspects of the question.
Looking for some extra help with HSC Chemistry?
Don’t wait until the last minute. Get help now. We’ve got a fantastic team of experienced HSC Chemistry tutors. They’re passionate about Chemistry and can help you prepare for and ace your HSC trials and finals.
We offer personalised, one-on-one tutoring in your home. If you’re not able to have face to face tutoring, or if you’d prefer, we also have a great online tutoring platform and many online tutors are available.
To find out more and get started with an expert Chemistry tutor, get in touch today. Give us a call on 1300 312 354 or contact us here.
2019 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2019 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2018 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2018 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2017 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2017 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2016 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2016 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2015 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2015 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2014 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2014 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2013 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2013 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2012 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2012 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2012 HSC Chemistry Sample Answers
2011 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2011 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2011 HSC Chemistry Sample Answers
2010 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2010 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2010 HSC Chemistry Sample Answers
2009 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2009 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2009 HSC Chemistry Sample Answers
2008 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2008 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2007 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2007 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2006 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2006 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2005 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2005 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2004 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2004 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2003 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2003 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
2002 HSC Chemistry Exam Paper
2002 HSC Chemistry Guide + Answers
A local tutor can help with HSC Chemistry
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
Mitchell is happy with the new tutor, thank you. Sean is a good communicator which makes Mitchell feel more relaxed thanks again.
We are very happy with Sheetal. Timothy is making great progress and we are happy to continue. We will have Tim do his Navy test in a few weeks and if we need to do a bridging course we will ask Sheetal to tutor him with that as well.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …