Year 11 English
- The creation of meaning through the relationships between language, text, purpose, context, and audience,
- Considering how language, structure, and conventions are used in different types of texts such as imaginative, interpretive, and persuasive texts,
- Comparing texts and the creation of meaning through visual and spoken or written parts,
- Responding to texts, creating texts, and reflecting on learning.
- Understand how the relationships between purpose, context, and audience shape texts and their meaning,
- Create oral, written, and mixed media texts for different audiences, purposes, and contexts,
- Understand how ideas and attitudes are presented in texts,
- Analyse how texts are structured to engender specific responses.
VCE can be extremely stressful for students as they struggle to stay on top of all their subjects and still maintain a ‘balanced’ life. Often students who have cruised through school, are suddenly confronted with issues and pressures that they have not previously experienced. Our VCE English Tutors provide support to your child by giving them expert assistance in navigating the VCE path, turning problems and stresses into opportunities and making everything seem ok and achievable.
English can be a complex subject area. Language is a combination of many moving parts including:
- Critical thinking
We know that all of our students are unique and have different needs. These needs always transfer to the classroom and during Year 11 it is especially important to stay ahead in class and with your homework. We will teach your child the techniques and skills to excel in exams and assessments. It is important to teach critical thinking skills to master difficult exams. Our tutors understand the different concepts to teach their students allowing them to have the skills needed to analyse a variety of text-types and select appropriate related materials to assist them in their studies and assignments.
Check your location, Find a Tutor
Find tutor ??
What they say about our tutoring
Steven is enjoying his tutoring and is very comfortable with Robert. It's still early to tell, but Steven's confidence in Maths has definitely been lifted! Thank you
Stephen has found Adam really good with his tutoring and he feels he is getting good value from he time spent with him. He explains things well in a way that Stephen can understand. This is working well for us. Thanks
Yes l am happy and Sofia seems happy with Simone which is great. Simone is giving her homework to do and yes Sofia is doing it without any pushing from me 🙂
Thank you for the email. Everything is going well so far. Nicholas is happy and believes the tutoring is helping already. The one on one means he can ask questions in a safe environment. Teresa is very professional and reliable, always turns up on time. Nicholas says they get on well.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …