Year 6 English
The core contents of year 6 English are:
- Understanding the uses of objective and subjective language,
- How complex sentences can be used to enhance explanations,
- Comparing similar texts and texts by the same author,
- Planning, drafting, and publishing imaginative, informative, and persuasive texts,
- Editing their own and others’ work against set criteria and explaining editing choices.
By the end of year 6 English, students should be able to:
- Understand how language features and patterns can be used for emphasis,
- Compare and analyse texts,
- Listen and contribute to discussions, and interrogate ideas,
- Create detailed texts for varied purposes and audiences,
- Use correct grammar, select appropriate vocabulary, and use accurate spelling and punctuation.
Check your location, Find a Tutor
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
Stefanie is really happy with her tutor.
We are happy with Ezymath tutoring and with Jessica. They seem to be developing a good understanding of each other. Tajh has improved, which is good to see, and he seems to have more confidence in doing his math work lately.
Arash is tutoring Dougal and it is going well. Dougal is finding it very helpful and understands Arash's explanations.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …