Year 4 English
- Differences between the language of opinion and the language of factual reporting,
- Linking sentences through connectives such as “however”, and “therefore”,
- Using noun, verb, and adverb groups, and prepositional phrases to enrich writing,
- Actively contributing to class discussions by listening to others’ opinions and responding appropriately,
- Developing storylines, characters, and settings to create texts,
- Planning and publishing imaginative, informative, and persuasive texts.
- Understand that the structure of a text will change according to the purpose and audience,
- Use language to link sentences cohesively and to include more detail in their writing,
- Create texts for different audiences,
- Use information from a text to form and express an opinion,
- Actively contribute to class discussions, listen for key points, and use language according to the context.
While working with your child, the tutor can also pick up on any issues with spelling, grammar, and punctuation that your child may have so that these can be addressed.
Check your location, Find a Tutor
Find tutor 🔍
What they say about our tutoring
I’m very pleased with Carly at this stage Nerys’ attitude towards Math has changed already and that’s extremely positive. Carly is always there on time and stays the full hour, she also communicates effectively about any schedule changes. So far so good.
Matthew seems to be of to a good start. Vivian seems to have the competence and patience that other tutors have not had. We are happy to continue working with Vivian and hopefully Matt will eventually show signs of improvement.
We are so happy with Hana.. She is amazing and the boys are responding really well to her.
Chirag is working really well with both girls, and they are looking forward to his sessions. At the moment we are focussing on building their confidence in tackling math problems and starting to challenge them.
Kyle engaged with Josephine very quickly. He has a delightfully engaging and affirming nature. She opened up immediately and felt more confident to tackle maths problems in the session. Very pleased to have him on board.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …