Year 9 Maths Tutoring
- Zero index, negative integral indices and the use of index notations for square roots and cube roots,
- The use of scientific notations in expressing large numbers as powers of 10,
- Consumer arithmetic for simple earning, spending and interest calculations with the use of calculators and tables of values,
- Theoretical probability and application of relative frequencies,
- Coordinate geometry involving linear and non-linear relationships,
- Construction and use of cumulative frequency tables and polygons,
- Use of formulae to calculate areas and perimeters of single shapes like rhombuses, trapeziums and composite ones such as quadrants,
- Solving right-angled triangles.
- Learnt theoretical probabilities and relative frequencies
- Be familiar with linear and non-linear relationships and graphs
- Be able to construct cumulative frequency tables and graphs
- Be able to calculate perimeters and areas of quadrilaterals and composite figures
- Apply trigonometry to solve problems involving angles of elevation and depression
The importance of algebra should also be stressed here. Although algebra is not a new topic anymore, its use will be required in a variety of other topics such as geometry and trigonometry. Without knowing how to solve basic equations, for example, your child won’t fare too well in a trigonometry test. This will be a continuing pattern and as such it is absolutely crucial that your child is able to cross-contextualise thier knowledge of numbers and algebra.
Check your location, Find a Tutor
What they say about our tutoring
We chose EzyMath Tutoring as that is the subject our daughter most needed help with, and we decided to pick specialists in this subject over other tutors who seemed to do everything. Our tutor Emma, was a uni student, very professional, friendly, she worked very well with our daughter. Emma had lots of great tricks and tips for Madison to use in her studying and test-taking, broke some things down…
Jade has been absolutely wonderful with Lucas. He's enjoying his tutoring sessions and sounding more confident about Maths already. We understand it may take quite a while to see any improvement in his actual marks but there has already been a definite improvement in his attitude towards his capabilities. Lucas is very happy with Jade and we will definitely be continuing the tutoring.
I was very happy with the staff at your head office. My my initial contact person was Marcus, and he was extremely professional and thorough in explaining the services EZY MATHS provide and he reassured me of the the level of tutoring that the company provides and that they will endeavour to match a tutor for my 15 year olds math's concerns. The thing I liked the most is that…
We really like Syed and Lucy is working well with him. Her confidence is starting to grow with her times tables which is great to see.
Everything is going well. Lizzy and I are very happy with Michael and pleased with her results so far.
Just letting you know that Layla is gaining a lot from Jacob and in only three weeks. Her confidence is starting to grow little by little and she is trying more on her own which is great to see.
Andrew is very happy with Stephen's tutorials. They have already formed a very healthy teacher student relationship, and Andrew is enjoying his Maths. He got everything correct in a test he did at school last week. The only thing that was incorrect was the fact that his decimal point was not in the correct place.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …